In the book "Conveyance Capacity of Compound River Channels with Urban Scale Flood Plain Roughness" published by Nik, author Alistair Heanen delves into the complex dynamics of river channels and their capacity to convey water. This book provides valuable insights into the mechanisms behind river flow, particularly in urban areas with rough floodplains.
The book explores the conveyance capacity of compound river channels, which consist of multiple interconnected channels with varying hydraulic properties. Heanen analyzes the impact of urban scale floodplain roughness on these channels, considering factors such as land cover, vegetation, and roughness coefficients. By understanding the conveyance capacity, engineers and planners can better predict and manage floods, ensuring the safety of urban communities.
- An in-depth analysis of compound river channels
- Explanation of urban scale floodplain roughness
- Factors influencing conveyance capacity
- Methods for estimating conveyance capacity
- Case studies demonstrating real-world applications
- Chapter 1: Introduction to river channels and floodplain roughness
- Chapter 2: Theoretical framework for analyzing compound river channels
- Chapter 3: Urban scale floodplain roughness and its effects on channel flow
- Chapter 4: Methods for estimating conveyance capacity
- Chapter 5: Case studies on flood management in urban areas
- Chapter 6: Future implications and research directions
How to Access
The book "Conveyance Capacity of Compound River Channels with Urban Scale Flood Plain Roughness" by Alistair Heanen is available for download in multiple formats. You can download the PDF, ePub, MOBI, or TXT version to read offline on your preferred device. It is also possible to read the book online for free.
Alistair Heanen's book provides a comprehensive exploration of river channel dynamics and the implications of urban scale floodplain roughness on conveyance capacity. With its case studies and practical insights, this book is a valuable resource for engineers, hydrologists, and researchers involved in flood management and urban planning.
Heanen, A. (2004). Conveyance Capacity of Compound River Channels with Urban Scale Flood Plain Roughness. Nik.